Here are some reasons from the United states Humane Society to consider in hiring a pet sitter:
Why hire a pet sitter?
A pet sitter—a professional, qualified individual paid to care for your pet—offers both you and your pet many benefits.
Your pet gets:
- the environment he knows best.
- his regular diet and routine.
- relief from traveling to and staying in an unfamiliar place with other animals (such as a boarding kennel).
- attention while you're away.
- happier friends and neighbors, who aren't burdened with caring for your pet.
- the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your pet is being cared for by a professional.
- someone to bring in your newspaper and mail so potential burglars don't know you're away.
- someone who will come to your home so you don't have to drive your pet to a boarding kennel.
- other services provided by most pet sitters, such as plant watering and pet grooming.