Consider the following health tips for your older cat, and keep Merry Murphy Pet Sitters in mind when leaving your older pet home alone for an extended period
Unless an older cat has water placed in different areas of the house,they will put off getting the water they need unless it is placed conveniently in their pathway. We have listed some of the issues to consider with older cats.
- Dehydration of cells and tissues
- Reduced oxygen flow to tissues
- Decreased ability of cells to maintain their internal environment
- Reduced immune response
- Declining efficiency of enzyme systems within the body
- Increased incidence of tumor development
- Gradual decline in organ function reduced nervous system responsiveness
and personality changes
- Increased susceptibility to stress and decreased adaptability to
These are good reasons to consider supervised periods with a professional pet sitter. If you live in the Charlotte,NC area, consider Merry Murphy Pet Sitters for all your pet sitting needs!